Rangika Halwathura graduated with first class honors from University of Moratuwa with a bachelor’s of science in engineering. He later completed his doctorate degree in structural and building services engineering in 2008 from the same institution.Currently, Prof. Rangika Halwathura is a commissioner at Sri Lanka Inventors Commission.
- B.Sc. (Special) Degree with 1st Class Hons in engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- He later completed his doctorate degree in structural and building services engineering in 2008 from the same institution.
- In 2016, Halwatura received the Committee of Vice-Chancellors and Directors’s (CVCD) Most Outstanding Young Researcher award
- He also won the Sri Lanka 2016 Energy Globe Award
- Halwatura was nominated by the National Academy of Sciences and subsequently won the 2017 The World Academy of Sciences Young Scientist Award